Article by Keith Harmon Snow: (Very Good read!)
Claims made by Libyan ‘opposition’ and reported in the western press that Gaddafi is committing genocide against his own people represent the height of western arrogance and hypocrisy. At this very moment the wars being prosecuted by the USA and its allies, including Japan, Europe, Israel, South Africa, Canada and Australia, far dwarf the ‘atrocities’ committed in Libya. While we have no credible reporting about who is killing, who is opposition, how many dead, etc., out of Libya, we have credible report after credible report establishing that the US and its allies have perpetrated massacres, tortures, and other atrocities, in the millions of people, in Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan – for a short list.
The claim of genocide here, akin to the one-sided charges against former Rwandan president Juvenal Habyarimana, or against Sudan’s Omar al-Bashir, are one more clear example of the Politics of Genocide delineated in great detail by this writer and others. Reports in western media — provided, again, by the FNSL and other western intelligence, covert operations or psychological operations flak organizations — are filled with harsh language and characterizations not seen in reporting on or by western military campaigns. For example, in many western reports we can find, such as Gruesome Footage Proves Libya Using Heavy Arms makes claims that “newspapers obtained shocking footage of corpses with bodies blasted off and several torsos in Libyan hospitals.”
So there are several torsos. That is not quite genocide. Where are the images? If such images of death and destruction do appear it will be in sharp contrast to the complete whiteout on dead bodies in the Pentagon’s other theaters of war, in the eastern Congo or Somalia, or in Afghanistan.
Images of dead bodies can be produced and published but these are easily stripped of context. How do western audiences and propaganda consumers know that these are authentic and not recycled images of protests from Yemen or Bahrain dumped into the western press (with their willing acknowledgment) by Britain’s MI-6, as has been alleged? Al-Jezeera shows its true western colors by not reporting much of anything, and that certainly not critical of western manipulation or involvement.
Read More >>>
Windows to Russia!
- Petroleum and Empire in North Africa (lewrockwell.com)
- Muammar Gaddafi and sons face Libya atrocities investigation (guardian.co.uk)
- More airstrikes after Libyan rebels repel assault by Gaddafi forces – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- The Western media lies about Libyan riots just like it did about the Georgian war in 2008… (windowstorussia.com)
- Prosecutor: Khadafy, sons to be investigated (boston.com)
- Killing of Libyan civilians could be criminal (foxnews.com)
- Libya: Col Gaddafi to face ICC war crimes probe (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gaddafi addresses supporters in Tripoli… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russian Says No Proof of Air Strikes in Libya… (windowstorussia.com)
- Invade Libya: Could We Be That Stupid? (Yes We Are!) (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia Says Slow Down On Libya Issues… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and I Wasn’t Going to Say Anything, But… (windowstorussia.com)
- The West is in a Panic over Libya or How Libya Rocked the Oil World… (windowstorussia.com)
- WikiLeaks: AL-QADHAFI: TO RUSSIA, WITH LOVE? (windowstorussia.com)
- The European fairytale didn’t exactly manifest itself in the Middle East… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia Today: Drums of War? (windowstorussia.com)