BBC did this wonderful video with one of the physicists that works on the project. Bair Shaibonov spoke with BBC about the several weeks each year he spends working on a remote scientific base on the shores of Baikal.
This is a cool video and makes you wonder at how we can figure out that using a lake is a great way to do a telescope…
Windows to Russia!
- Unique telescope in Russian lake (bbc.co.uk)
- Halil: BBC News – Underwater telescope searches for space secrets (bbc.co.uk)
- Deep secrets (bbc.co.uk)
- Director Cameron dives beneath Lake Baikal (reuters.com)
- World’s Largest Ice Art on Siberia’s Lake Baikal (geteconow.com)
- Blog – Neutrino Telescopes Could Settle The Question Of Which Way Antimatter Falls (technologyreview.com)