Russia and the League of Arab States (LAS) have agreed in Cairo upon five principles of the peaceful settlement in Syria. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, who participated in Cairo in a ministerial session of this pan-Arab organization, announced a joint statement on the subject…
1. Cessation of violence from all sides.
2. An impartial monitoring mechanism.
3. No external interference.
4. Unhindered access of humanitarian aid to all Syrians.
5. Strong support of Kofi Annan’s mission for the beginning of a political dialogue between the government and all opposition groups in accordance with the mandate in the sphere of competence approved by the UN Secretary-General and the Arab League.
Hmm, I don’t see that the West is going to agree to this settlement. Number 3 is the kicker! No external interference! I bet John McCain and neoconservative’s are frothing at the bit right now
It is time the West stays out of this mess they caused and let Russia handle it! Then the West needs to abide by it and not try to undermine it…
Won’t happen you say! You might be correct, but we can have hope that it will!
Windows to Russia!