I was drinking my morning cup of coffee & thinking that I had said I would be updating the Parliamentary Elections for you.
So here is some information: (The Central Electoral Commission reported)
1. United Russia has won a victory in the Dec. 2, Parliamentary Elections. United Russia gained over 60% of the vote in the elections
2. Voter turnout:63% (average)
3. United Russia will receive up to 315 of the 450 seats in the Duma.
4. Four parties had surpassed the 7% threshold. (United Russia, Communist Party (CPRF), Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR) and Fair Russia)
5. The city of St. Petersburg had some of the lowest voter turnout despite the party’s strong leadership connections to St. Petersburg —Putin and party leader Boris Gryzlov are both from St. Petersburg–United Russia achieved its lowest share of the vote there (48% in central St. Petersburg).
6. Moscow was next in line at the 55% turnout?
7. In Chechnya, 99.5 percent of voters went to the polls Sunday, said Ismail Baikhanov, the head of the republic’s elections committee. (shows very strong support)
8. With a large majority, United Russia will continue to monopolize all the main posts within the assembly.
9. Final update will be posted around the December 8th, 2007. After the official results are out.
coomments always welcome.