Stop: While you are contemplating packing that Christmas tree away until next year. Think about leaving it up until the 7th of January…
In Russia we have just finished putting our trees up and are getting ready for the holidays of all holidays. The Russian New Year and then the Russian Christmas…
You see Santa (Ded Moroz) has not come to town in Russia…
Russians use this time of the year to go all out on the New Year. I heard a crazy figure like “Russians will drink 1.5 billion liters of Alcohol this New Years?” and to recover, they get a whole bunch of days off….but I am seeing that the rest of Europe is working on being heavy drinkers also also… (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_belts_of_Europe)
Now that figure seems a little bit much, but if they really drink anywhere near that. Then I know why they take off over a week every year at this time… 😉
The tree above is a New Year Tree in Russia; kinda looks like a Christmas tree! Huh?
So call your tree a New Year Tree and leave it up for a few more days.
The Russians do…
Windows to Russia!
- Sbiten (сбитень, also збитень) is a Hot Russian Traditional Winter Drink… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia: Is There A Santa Claus in Russia? (windowstorussia.com)
- How long till the New Years 2011: Russian Style… (windowstorussia.com)
- The Christmas Eve, Sochivo recipe… (windowstorussia.com)
- Fresh Vegetables in Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- In Russia We Will Be Civilized! (windowstorussia.com)
- Emails and Coffee… (windowstorussia.com)