The world’s 7-billionth person will be born on October 31 in Kaliningrad.
The decision was taken by the United Nations Population Fund, which is presenting its annual report in Russia’s westernmost city.
While no one knows if the child will be a boy or a girl, one thing is for sure: the mother will receive a special certificate and gifts from the local administration.
In 1999, a boy born in Sarajevo was named the 6-billionth person on the planet.
Windows to Russia!
- Russia expects responsible position from EU on visa issue-Medvedev. (news.windowstorussia.com)
- WW II ammunitions found at site of int’l festival in Kaliningrad exclave. (news.windowstorussia.com)
- New frigate laid down at Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Kaliningrad authorities promise help to tourists hurt in traffic accident in Turkey (news.windowstorussia.com)
Similar Posts to Read:
- Russia and the US Finalize Visa Changes by Year End…
Russian Video Blog | Russian Photo Blog | Fresh Bribery News | Russian Stories | Do You Wanna Know? | Zombie Source Code | Blogger'a на Blogspot'e | English 4 kids | Как похудела Света... | Zombie Gossip Tales | Света на WordPress'е | WritesHere.Com | Cell Phone of the Day