Drinking that morning cup of coffee gave me sometime to think about the reactions that other countries are having to the Wikileaks Cable Dump…
Most everyone says, “We will not worry about it – but?” :) It is the “but” that could be the problem.
Moscow is approaching the whole affair on a “verify first, comment later” stance….
The bottom line is not that America said all these things and that America thinks all these things. It is the fact that America let it all become public by carelessness and lack of control…
Every government all over the world does the same thing. It is just that everyone knows that America is very much responsible for what has happened. After the 911 issue, in order to expedite data exchange between American Embassies and different officials within America and the world, the State Department created its own computer network for classified documents, one that 2.5 million plus US citizens all over the world had access to. It was an accident waiting to happen…
Nobody likes to have the dirty laundry exposed and nobody really likes people sneaking around your back and nobody likes the skeletons to fall out of the closet.
In this case “what they do not know won’t hurt them” becomes known and becomes an “Oops, I wish that I had not said that” Well we have all done it and we hurt feelings by doing it in the real world…
How many careers have been damaged by the drunks at the office parties?
It is strange thought that the one apologizing is Hillary. She is just all over the news saying this and that. She also looks like she is being drug through hell and back. Looks like Hillary is taking most of the heat for someone elses problems…
Windows to Russia!
- “Wikileaks Publishes a Quarter of a Million Classified Embassy Cables – Founder Issues Video Statement from Secret Location” and related posts (theinternetpatrol.com)
- WikiLeaks bank document dump to be the next scandal (dailymail.co.uk)
- Clinton apologizes to Turkey for cables published by WikiLeaks (rt.com)
- WikiLeaks: Hillary Clinton will be first U.S politician to meet insulted world leaders (dailymail.co.uk)
- France says stands by U.S. after WikiLeaks cables (reuters.com)
- Wikileaks documents reveal sensitive US cables (thestar.com)
- US warns allies on WikiLeaks dump – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- Russia shrugs off Wikileaks “petty thief” (rt.com)
- “State Department warns WikiLeaks: Do not release classified US documents” and related posts (christianforums.com)
- How to Search the WikiLeaks Documents (newsweek.com)
- Buckle Your Seatbelts On The Next Wikileaks Release (crooksandliars.com)
- WikiLeaks tweets #cablegate (pdalbury.wordpress.com)
- You Are Not Free – So Accept That… (windowstorussia.com)
- Cablegate: The Leaked Diplomatic Cables… (windowstorussia.com)
- Wikileaks and the sabotage of U.S. diplomacy (michellemalkin.com)
- What do we tell our students about WikiLeaks? (zdnet.com)
- Wikileaks Blog Round-Up (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Extremely smart questions about the Wikileaks #cablegate (boingboing.net)
- CABLE DUMP: Diplomats say the meanest things (politico.com)
- Wikileaks cables leak criticised (bbc.co.uk)
- WikiLeaks’ Cablegate: The Taiwanese Animated Version (wired.com)
- When Systems Don’t Work, People Work the System (themoderatevoice.com)
- Wikileaks: Sharif Don’t Like it, Either (reason.com)
- WikiLeaks has released thousands of confidential diplomatic cables. What’s a cable, and why are we still using them? (slate.com)
- WikiLeaks to defy US demands on leaked cables (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- WikiLeaks to Defy US Demands on Leaked Cables (abcnews.go.com)
- Hillary Clinton: Secretary of State, Super Sleuth, Super Furious Over Wikileaks (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- “WikiLeaks’ Latest Antics” and related posts (hoosierpundit.blogspot.com)
Comments System WIDGET PACK