Could it be? No America Alleged and we all know how powerful that word is with the western press…
A South Korean newspaper claims Russian investigators have found North Korea did not torpedo one of the South’s warships that sank in spring. The report says the vessel hit a mine.
Russia has not yet commented on the story.
The “Cheonan” sank off the Korean peninsula in March, with the loss of 46 sailors.
Earlier, a US-backed international investigation found Pyongyang responsible. However, Pavel Leshakov, the director of Korean studies at the Moscow State University, says the conclusion is “almost 100 per cent political.”
Russia sent its own team of investigators to the region last month.
North Korea has continuously denied any links to the incident.
“This is very critical, because if there is a smoking gun – this could have been a set-up, this was some sort of accident made look like hostile action or it was some sort of false flag attack, this could result in war against a nuclear armed-country, North Korea,” Madsen asserts.
Canadian foreign policy analyst Stephen Gowans says war in the region “could be possible, however we can also look at this as an on-going program of the United States and South Korea to impose enormous military pressure on North Korea with the goal of seeing it collapse.”
Pyotr Razvin from the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry, believes despite the high tension, the chances of an actual war are limited.
“Both North and South Korea see the perspective of a war as mutually assured destruction. If a conflict were to erupt, the Korean peninsula would be economically devastated. Besides, neighboring China has no interest in a war on its borders either, be it a nuclear or not.”
Hummmm where have you heard about this before? But you know America ALLEGED…
Windows to Russia!
- S. Korean newspaper exonerates North over torpedo (rt.com)
- The UN Refuses to Blame North Korea for the Sinking… (windowstorussia.com)
- UN condemns South Korea ship sinking (theglobeandmail.com)
- N. Korea says it is ready to return to nuclear talks (ctv.ca)
- Infowars Poll: Nearly 70% Believe “Total War” Possible On Korean Peninsula (infowars.com)
- Security Council Blinks on Korea (nytimes.com)
- Military Offensive Against North Korea Unlikely (npr.org)
- North Korea Postpones Meeting on Warship Sinking (nytimes.com)