BP stopped oil leak?
The new cap was installed on July 13th and equipped with special pipes, delivering oil to tankers. Kent Wells explained it can be said, Oil leaks into the ocean no longer.
According to the BP plan, the oil well will be cemented, its functions will be passed to the two neighbouring derricks, being installed since May.
Deepwater Horizon platform sunk near Louisiana coast on April 22nd after the explosion in the oil well, which killed 11 persons. The U.S. administration called the incident the biggest ecology catastrophe in USA history.
Lets hope that it is stopped and now we have years of clean up to do…
Windows to Russia!
- You: Oil cap success not assured, says BP (guardian.co.uk)
- Robots start work to remove cap from oil leak (abclocal.go.com)
- Onslaught of Oil as BP Plans to Install New Plug (foxnews.com)
- BP says oil has stopped leaking into Gulf of Mexico (guardian.co.uk)
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill stopped, say BP (telegraph.co.uk)