There is no threat of a food deficit in Russia despite the recent drought, The President of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, said during a meeting of the State Council on domestic food market policies in Saratov (Volga region).
Medvedev promised to get control of speculative food prices and added that even according to the most pessimistic forecasts, Russia’s grain harvest this year is expected at no less than 60 million tons, including carryover stocks of 21-25 million tons.
“This is more than enough to meet our demands in food and feed grain”, Mr. Medvedev said.
Windows to Russia!
- In Russia Grain Speculators Just Plain “Suck”… (windowstorussia.com)
- Medvedev Meeting with Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia: Medvedev Deals with Animals from the West / Putin Deals with Animals from the East! (windowstorussia.com)
- Medvedev Is Very Correct About the Russian Customs Border… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russian government eases off on grain export (rt.com)
- Medvedev Did What is Correct About Khimki Forest… (windowstorussia.com)