Russia has a right to halt further disarmament and arms control endeavors if it doesn’t reach an agreement with the US on the ABM issue.
Russia reserves the right not to take further steps on disarmament due to lack of agreements with the US on the anti-missile defense system in Europe, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday commenting on the uncertainty of the situation with ABM in Europe.
Russia may deploy systems to counter ABMs in the west and south of the country:
Russia will deploy cutting-edge systems capable of defeating attacks from European ABMs in the west and south of the country, Russian president Dmitry Medvedev has declared.
Medvedev orders ABM counter measures:
Russia’s President Dmitry Medvedev has ordered the country’s military to develop measures enabling the troops to destroy ABM control and information systems in the event of an attack.
Medvedev: Russian missiles to be equipped with new penetration device:
Russia’s Navy and strategic missiles troops will be equipped with a cutting-edge ABM penetration device and super efficient warheads due to the current situation with NATO ABMs being deployed in Europe.
Point is Russia means it and is doing it…
Looking more like a cold war everyday and that will make America happy…
Windows to Russia!
- ABM is main irritant in US-Russia relations – Lavrov. (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Russia and US steal show on first day of APEC summit (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Medvedev says Russia, U.S. to continue consultations on missile defense (news.windowstorussia.com)
- There is no evidence of US readiness to meet RF halfway on ABM (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Sarkozy for cooperation with Russia in creating ABM system in Europe (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Pen mightier than sword, Russia insists (news.windowstorussia.com)
- ‘Fly-by-photo’ Iskander missile test-fired (rt.com)