I asked a question the other day in an article:
Was There a Turncoat in the Russian Spy Scandal…
President Dmitry Medvedev told Russia’s once mighty spy agency on Friday to put its house in order after a senior spymaster betrayed a network of agents to the United States.
The Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) is grappling with the network’s betrayal by the head of Moscow’s deep cover spying operations in the United States, one of Russia’s most serious intelligence failures since the end of the Cold War.
“There should be an internal investigation and lessons should be drawn,” Medvedev told reporters at a briefing after the Group of 20 summit in Seoul.
I understand that also this has caused some changes to be underway and that it is known that a lot of other information was gotten out of Russia by Colonel Shcherbakov…
Looks like the Colonel bought him and family protection in America with files of information he took with him. Colonel Shcherbakov was a trusted high ranking senior Russian official and thus one with great access to highly sensitive information, such as the identities and operations of operatives in the United States…
I would not want to be Colonel Shcherbakov or his family…
Windows to Russia!
- Was There a Turncoat in the Russian Spy Scandal… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia’s spies must learn from betrayal: Medvedev (reuters.com)
- Lessons to be learned from spy betrayal – Medvedev (rt.com)
- Report Points to Russian Double Agent (nytimes.com)
- Russian double agent helped US crack spy ring (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Paper names Russia ‘double agent’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Senior Russian official may have turned in spies to U.S., newspaper says (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Medvedev says knew about Russian double agent (calgaryherald.com)
- Russian Double Agent Helped Expose Spy Ring (abcnews.go.com)
- Russian newspaper names colonel as source of info on spy ring in U.S. (cnn.com)
- Dmitry Medvedev confirms traitor told US about Russian spy ring (telegraph.co.uk)
- Medvedev: Lessons must be learned from spy scandal (sfgate.com)
- Medvedev: Lessons Must be Learned From Spy Scandal (foxnews.com)
- Medvedev to spy agency: Get it together (msnbc.msn.com)
- You: President Dmitry Medvedev hinted Friday that changes to Russia’s spy agency are likely, following the arrest this summer of 10 agents in the United States and a… (washingtonpost.com)
- Medvedev: Lessons must be learned from spy scandal (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Newspaper claims to expose Russia-US spy scandal “traitor” (rt.com)