I have been watching for this news because a few weeks ago I heard a rumor that it was going to be possible to travel to Kiev and back without stopping at the border…
Interfax-Ukraine: Passenger trains No. 1 and No. 2 on the Kyiv-Moscow route could run without stopping at the border from the end of this year.
The holding of such an experiment was supported by border guards, customs officers and railway workers who discussed these issues at an interagency meeting at the administration of the State Border Service of Ukraine on Dec. 7.
“The mentioned trains will be given the green light at least on Ukrainian territory, because the Russian side has not yet given a definitive answer regarding the start of the innovation in Russia,” the press office of the State Border Service reported.
So maybe by my next visa run in January. I can get to try out the non stop Kiev run. I almost always end up on #1 train 90% of the time… 🙂
Come On Russia…
Windows to Russia!
- From Russia: Ukraine Has Changed! (windowstorussia.com)
- Windows to Russia will be in Kiev, Ukraine… (windowstorussia.com)
- Pickpocket: We All Think That It Will Never Happen To Us! (Part 3 – American Embassy Experience) (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia: Bridge To Crimea! (windowstorussia.com)
- Ukraine Was Beautiful and Fun… (windowstorussia.com)
- Our Blogs… (windowstorussia.com)