The Last Debt of the USSR – Ordered Paid by Putin!
The debt of $34 million is to be paid to the London Club of Creditors before the end of the current fiscal year. This debt is a hold over of the collapse of the former Soviet Union. According to public records Russian public debt reached its peak in 1998 just short of 150% of GDP. As of January 2000, Russia’s foreign debt totaled $158.7 billion. This debt has been paid and in comparison now Russia holds 2.5% of Americas debt, the 8th largest holder of American debt.
Windows to Russia!
comments always welcome.
- PROFILE-Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin (reuters.com)
- Jailed Russian tycoon’s mother asks West for help (reuters.com)
- Rally in Kaliningrad enclave demands Putin resign (reuters.com)
- You: Putin ‘sings songs’ with deported Russian spies (france24.com)
- Kremlin critic Nemtsov detained at Russia rally (reuters.com)