We have a term that I like to use in life and it is called “shoo-in”. That term as I recollect came from the early 1900′s and it came from horse racing, where a shoo-in was the winner of a rigged race…
So this morning while drinking my morning cup of coffee, I had to chuckle when I thought about the fact that the new Moscow Mayor is the deputy prime minister and chief of staff to Prime Minister Vladimir Putin…
Hummm lets see what the grapevine says…
According to local gossip over 99 per cent of the Duma deputies intend to OK Sobyanin for the position of Moscow Mayor. If he is given the job by the Duma, Sobyanin will step down as deputy prime minister and chief of staff to Prime Minister Vladimir Putin… :)
Now that is just “ducky” wouldn’t you say?
Windows to Russia!
- Moscow mayor decision ‘a formality’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Moscow parliament to make final decision on mayoral candidate (rt.com)
- New Moscow mayor is close ally of Vladimir Putin (telegraph.co.uk)
- Medvedev Picks Putin Chief of Staff as Moscow Mayor (businessweek.com)
- Vladimir Putin’s Chief of Staff Nominated as Moscow Mayor Candidate (foxnews.com)
- Meeting Mr Sobyanin (economist.com)
- Kremlin insider nominated Moscow mayor (foxnews.com)