Lets see what Russia and friends are up to this weekend…..
* Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will attend the summit of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation organization in Peru on November 22-23, the Kremlin’s press service said
* President Dmitry Medvedev said that Russia has not changed its warm and brotherly attitude toward the Georgian people after Tbilisi’s recent attack on South Ossetia
* Russia’s new carrier-based fighters will replace the Su-33 naval fighter in service with the Russian Navy after 2016, a senior military official said
* Gazprom is planning to receive licenses for the development of seven strategic gas fields in Russia by the end of September, the Russian energy giant said
* Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and armed forces will begin on Monday a three-day military exercise to test new weaponry and practice repelling potential air strikes on its territory, the local media said
* Iran will hold its next presidential election on June 12, 2009, the Fars news agency reported
* Poland’s Alliance of the Democratic Left (SLD) has called for a national referendum on the deployment of a U.S. missile defense base in the country, a party’s spokesman told RIA Novosti
* Six suspected militants were killed during a shootout with police in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, a local police source said.
Looks like normal stuff…..
Kyle & Svet
comments always welcome.