December 8, 2010 -
Since South Korea Started This in the First Place…
Well it is official we have threatened North Korea with annihilation over something that South Korea started…
South Korea will attack North Korean military bases in case of new provocation by Pyongyang. This statement was made by the US and South Korean military commanders during their talks in Seoul… Read More >>>
Seems an interesting situation has arisen from all this and we just cocked the gun to start a war…
Also the Western press is alight with the fact that North Korea has been firing big guns off on their own territory… (And Chicken Little is running around screaming the sky is falling also…)
North Korea military drills are destabilizing region, says US… What? Who has the giant Carrier floating off of North and South Korea with an armada of ships to make play time with? First two guesses do not count…
What also has been conveniently left out of the Western press, that the Eastern press has remembered, is that South Korea instigated this whole affair with the off balanced North…
Back on the 24th of November:
Russia blames South Korean increased military activity for latest escalation
Interfax in Russian
Delhi – The escalation of tension on the Korean peninsula is the result of increased military activity in the region on the part of South Korea and its partners, Vladimir Nazarov, deputy secretary of the Russian Security Council, said in Delhi on Wednesday [24 November].
“The latest escalation of tension [between the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea, North Korea) and the Republic of Korea - Interfax] is particularly alarming. At the same time it is the logical conclusion of the increased military activity of South Korea and its partners,” he stressed. [Passage omitted]
Nazarov, who is in Delhi for consultations with the Indian side on Security Council matters, stressed that “Russia and India are very concerned by the escalation of the situation on the Korean peninsula”.
“This conflict could grow into a serious confrontation which would be a threat to peace and security,” he said.
According to Nazarov, the particular threat is posed by the fact that “both sides possess nuclear weapons – the US tactical nuclear weapons deployed at South Korean bases and North Korea’s nuclear weapons which have already been tested twice”.
“The international community should call for restraint on both sides. A new escalation of military activity, including military-training manoeuvrings, should not be allowed – this is a dangerous path. What has happened confirms what we have been talking about for quite a long time and what we have warned some of our partners about,” the deputy secretary of the Russian Security Council said.
He said the situation on the Korean peninsula had been the most important topic discussed at the talks he had held in Delhi. According to Nazarov, the talks had been held as part of preparations for a visit by the Russian president to Delhi in December.
I certainly do not think this whole issue was justifiable by either side. But I do believe it is a common reaction on the part of an off balanced government (which is what the rulers of North Korea are) that they will shoot back at somebody shooting into their yard even if it is not at their house. So saying “We were just shooting into the sea, we didn’t hit anybody” is a pretty stupid excuse. Inciting North Korea to shoot at you is stupid. It makes me wonder who is the real lunatic in all this situation is…
The North Koreans may have over-reacted and they did, but it was only responding to a bunch of aggressors shooting big guns into their particular maritime territory…
So be it right or wrong. We need to defuse the situation not load the gun. We need to quit playing games. I known a lot of people from the Korea’s and they are wonderful individuals. I would hate to see North and South become a nuclear waste land…
This all reminds me of the stupid situation against Russia when Georgia decided to blow the hell out of South Ossetia. Then the Western press went crazy and pointed at evil bad Russia for an eternity. Then we find out it was all lies…
Now America is pressuring China to corral North Korea. But China knows that they did not start this ordeal…
Think that I am talking out of line? Just look at the bull in links below. The press is spouting war and if it doesn’t happen at this point it will only be because North Korea is smart and saner that we give them credit for. It will not be because America and South Korea tried to defuse it. Because they have not tried…
This is one issue that everyone better take serious. China and Russia do, but it seems that rest of us are stuck in the La La Land of hate evil North Korea…
Windows to Russia!
- Washington ups pressure on China to act on North Korea – CNN International (news.google.com)
- North Korea says South Korea “Hell-Bent” on war (gadling.com)
- Washington ups pressure on China to act on North Korea (cnn.com)
- Explosions heard in North Korea (bbc.co.uk)
- Mullen Repeats Call on China to Rein in North Korea (businessweek.com)
- US ramps up pressure on China to act on North Korea – CNN International (news.google.com)
- U.S. ramps up pressure on China to act on North Korea (cnn.com)
- U.S. ramps up pressure on China to act on North Korea – CNN International (news.google.com)
- You: North Korea ‘destabilising region’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Scenarios: What happens next on the Korean peninsula? (reuters.com)
- “Victor Cha: “There is a real possibility of war on the Korean Peninsula.”” and related posts (freekorea.us)
- Better civil defense preparation will show that South Korea is … (smallwarsjournal.com)
- China urges dialogue on N Korea (bbc.co.uk)
- China urges dialogue on N Korea – BBC News (news.google.com)
- HotAirPundit: North Korea Lambasts South Korea’s New Defense Chief … (hapblog.com)
- U.S., S. Korea Hold Military Talks on N. Korea (foxnews.com)
- South Korea starts live-fire naval exercises in defiance of warnings from North (telegraph.co.uk)
- U.S. Say It’s Committed to Defend SKorea (abcnews.go.com)
- South Korea push to build ‘military fortresses’ (guardian.co.uk)
- US say it’s committed to defend SKorea (thehimalayantimes.com)
- S. Korea to make islands near N.Korea into ‘fortresses’ (ctv.ca)
- South Korea begins military drill (bbc.co.uk)
- S. Korea Islands Near North to Be ‘Fortresses’ (foxnews.com)
- U.S., Allies Pressure N. Korea (abcnews.go.com)
Remember the sinking of the Cheonan…
They did not do that either. That was proven and everyone went home…
Similar Posts to Read:
- South Korea Will Talk to North Korea…