This cheesecake is perfect with an afternoon hot tea. As you know Russians rival the English on hot tea drinking and they just love their biscuits and cookies while they drink tea. If you are having guests over, then this simple cheese cake will fit the bill and it makes everyone know that you care enough to bake for them… 🙂
600 grams of cottage cheese,
1 medium egg,
6-7 tablespoons flour,
half a cup of sugar,
1 teaspoon of baking soda neutralized with vinegar,
a pinch of salt,
50 grams of sour cream,
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract,
2 to 3 teaspoons of raisins
Mix the cottage cheese with all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Then put everything in a glass oven plate plate that has been greased with butter or Crisco.
Spread sour cream on top.
Bake in a medium heat oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
I like to bake it without the sour cream then put a healthy spoon full on it while it is warm. That is yummy. But to follow Russian tradition then spread the sour cream on top and it will probably burn some but that is okay. Just peel the burned layer off and eat…
This is very much like my sweeties recipe of a cottage cheese pudding that she makes and I prefer hers because she makes it with very little or no sugar…
Posted by Kyle Keeton
Windows to Russia…
- Sveta’s Cottage Cheese Pudding… (windowstorussia.com)
- A Russian Recipe: Kholodets or Studen’ (Jellied meat!) (windowstorussia.com)
- Salmon and Potatoes a Salad… (mimoza) (windowstorussia.com)
- A Russian Rassolnyk Soup Recipe… (windowstorussia.com)
- Life in Russia. (windowstorussia.com)
- Sveta Caught Me in a Picture at our Russian Village… (windowstorussia.com)
- Taxi Taxi Taxi Whispers the Gypsy… (windowstorussia.com)