1. Suspected Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, who was extradited from Thailand to the United States on Tuesday…
2. One of President Obama’s top foreign-policy goals suffered a potentially ruinous setback when the Senate’s second-ranking Republican said the U.S. nuclear treaty with Russia should not be considered until next year…
Well that just is a fine “Howdy Dowdy” from the land of chaos I call America …
Lets talk about Viktor Bout first…
The Eastern press is lit up over the Viktor Bout issue and the Western press keeps saying that America and Russia will survive this bump in the road. The Eastern press is calling it more than a bump in the road and it looks like that reset button that Hillary gave to Lavrov is about to be crushed under a bear paw…
What makes the Viktor Bout issue important to Russia and or America?
There is muddy water regarding Bout’s Soviet Military career although it is a fact that he did serve in the Soviet Union’s armed forces…
The clarity ends there. But the grapevine kicks in and gives us this…
Viktor Bout graduated from the Military Institute of Foreign Languages, it is said that he is fluent in six or seven languages. Bout’s own personal website (Read Here >>>>) points to the fact that he served in the army of the Soviet Union as a translator, holding the rank of lieutenant. Rumor has it that Bout reached the rank of lieutenant colonel.
[pullquote]But other gossip says that:
1. He rose to the rank of major in the GRU. (Which is an arm of the Soviet services that combined intelligence agents and special forces.)
2. That he was an officer in the Soviet air force.
3. That he is now a Soviet military intelligence personnel. Or
4. That he was in the KGB.
Take your pick… :)[/pullquote]
It is known that Bout made a significant amount of money through his many air transport companies shipping cargo. It seems that Bout was willing to ship just about anything and he even shipped military arms for United States in Iraq and the United Nations on a couple of occasions…
The Western media is playing the Hollywood game on this, as America is famous and world renown for. He is called “The Merchant of Death!” and “The Lord of War!”
With breathless excitement, the American media reported that Bout was transported from his prison cell to the airport, accompanied by two motorcades, one of which was a decoy intended to throw off potential abductors. The New York Times reported that Russia offered Thailand oil below market price in exchange for their refusal to turn over Bout to the United States, but Washington allegedly outbid Russia with weapons and other military equipment. Read More >>>
Remember the fact that he shipped arms for America. America has a habit of using people and abusing people (Ask Saddam Hussein – Oops America killed him after he helped America!)… Hummm!
Now lets touch on the START treaty…
This is a real simple issue for me. America shows us what she does best…
Russia has been waiting for months on this very important treaty. But as I said in a past post, America has destroyed the opportunity to show the world that they care about the control of Nuclear issues. If nothing else this treaty causes a peace of mind in the world. So I do not care if this treaty was flawed or not, it was still a step in the right direction and for one of the two largest holders of nuclear weapons to not step up to the plate and play ball fairly, tells the world the true story…
That is the part that bothers me. That America lives in a house of glitter and cannot see out the windows…
Windows to Russia!
- U.S. case to unfold against accused international arms dealer (cnn.com)
- You: Russia protests extradition of Viktor Bout (latimes.com)
- Viktor Bout gets the boot (sfgate.com)
- Russian rage at Bout extradition (bbc.co.uk)
- Thailand suffers Bout of insanity (rt.com)
- “Thailand Extradites Russian Arms Dealer Viktor Bout to US” and related posts (fergdawg.blogspot.com)
- Viktor Bout (childhoodall.blogspot.com)
- Russia Upset Over The Viktor Bout Extradition… (windowstorussia.com)
- Viktor Bout arrives in US after extradition from Thailand (telegraph.co.uk)
- ‘Arms dealer’ Bout arrives in US (bbc.co.uk)
- Merchant of Death: Viktor Bout Extradited to US (nowpublic.com)
- Viktor Bout extradition takes shine off US-Russian reset (telegraph.co.uk)
- Thailand extradites alleged ‘Merchant of Death’ Viktor Bout to the U.S. (theglobeandmail.com)
- Bout’s extradition will not hurt US-Russia ties: State Dept (alternet.org)
- Thailand to extradite alleged arms dealer Viktor Bout to US (guardian.co.uk)
- That Cup Of Coffee and the START Treaty… (windowstorussia.com)
- China not Russia the Evil Demon Empire of Destruction… (windowstorussia.com)