To obtain a tourist visa the following documents should be submitted to the CONSULAR SECTION (CONSULATE):
1. A completed visa application form (one per person) available at the Consulate or from .travel agencies and visa services.
2. A valid passport which should have at least two clear visa pages.
3. One passport size photo of the applicant which should be stapled to the marked space of the application form.
4. A standard tourist confirmation from a hosting authorized Russian travel agency or a hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a voucher from your hotel or travel agency in Russia.
5. A cover letter from yourself, containing the following information:
*applicant’s name or alphabetical list of a group;
*dates and points of arrival and departure in and from Russia and means of transportation;
*itinerary in Russia;
6. If applying by mail (all visa documents should be sent to 2641 Tunlaw rd. N.W., Washington DC, 20007), you should enclose a completely addressed and stamped return envelope or prepaid waybill, bearing your account number with the postal service (preferably Federal Express) and showing yourself as both shipper and recipient regardless of delivery address.
We do not accept waybills marked ‘bill sender’, ‘bill third party’, bill credit card’ or C.O.D. If you fail to follow the above mentioned requirements, your visa application will not be processed. If the papers are not acceptable for any reason or some documents are missing, we will return them by regular mail. When forwarding your documents to us, please, specify “attention: visa section”. We do not accept documents for international delivery!
If you apply personally, you should get a pick-up slip from the visa officer. You should present this slip to pick up your visa, when it is ready, or refer to its number to check out the status of the application.
7. A money order or cashier’s check payable to the Russian Embassy for visa processing. Please, note that we do not accept cash or any other checks. The visa processing fees are:
As of January 1, 2008 the U.S. State Department raises the fee for American visa from 100 USD to 131 USD.
On the basis of reciprocity the fee for Russian visa (standard processing time 6-10 business days) is also raised to 131 USD, effective from January 14, 2008. The fees for expedited visa processing will however remain unchanged.
For single entry visas are:
$131 for 6-10 business days processing;
$150 for 3-5 business days processing;
$200 for next business day processing or two business days processing;
$300 for same day processing;
For double entry visas are:
$131 for 6-10 business days processing;
$200 for 3-5 business days processing;
$250 for next business day processing or two business days processing;
$350 for same day processing;
Visa processing fee is not refundable
Please, note, that drop off day is not counted as business day!
ATTENTION FOR EU CITIZENS
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VISA AGREEMENT SIGNED BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND THE EUROPEAN UNIION CITIZENS OF ALL EU COUNTRIES EXCEPT DENMARK, IRELAND AND GREAT BRITAIN ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FEES FOR PROCESSING OF ALL TYPES OF VISAS TO RUSSIA
6-10 BUSINESS DAYS – 50 USD
1-3 BUSINESS DAYS – 100 USD
You can download and print out an application for an entry visa right now as an Microsoft Winword document.
THE DURATION OF THE RUSSIAN TOURIST VISA CANNOT BE LONGER THAN ONE MONTH!
When entering Russia as a tourist, you may be also required to present the copies of your tourist confirmation, hotel voucher and your return ticket with a fixed date of departure from Russia at the border check point.
We can do next or same day processing only if the volume of work technically permits.
Visa processing starts only after the complete required set of document is submitted.
When having received your visa please check it for mistakes (passport number, date of birth, validity) and, if necessary, return it to the Consulate for corrections.
The Consulate will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the USA.
Please, note that visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new one.
Any visa applicant may be interviewed by a consular officer if necessary.
Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.
If you need more information please call us at (202)939-8907,8918, 8913 and 8911 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.30 .p.m. and from 2.30. p.m. till 6 p.m.
Visa applications are accepted Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.15 p.m. ONLY
Tomorrow transit visa!
Part 1 Business Visa
Kyle & Svet