Medvedev has been very quiet ever since the American excursion fiasco. But he has made a very good trip to Finland and he looks like he got his stride back. I have been very glad to see that Medvedev’s trip to Finland was good. He has discovered that close to home is where the heart is…
Today Medvedev did what is expected from a President of Russia…
“Law enforcement and security agencies and [energy] companies, as well as the government, must do all they can to make sure that such things do not happen again. If they do, none of the law enforcement, security and energy company chiefs will keep their jobs. All of them will be sacked,” Medvedev said.
This was in response to the attack by a group of at least six gunmen who set off five bombs with an estimated total of up to 3 kg of TNT at the Baksan Hydropower Plant in the North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria, killing two police officers. The blaze from the blast covered an area of 250 square meters.
Russia also blamed the success of the attack on lax security arrangements at the plant, saying two of the police officers were asleep at the time of the attack – one in his car and the other in a service room. They were killed instantly in their sleep.
Medvedev has lots on his plate and also signed the new National Anti-corruption Program and this is the start of his success or failure in corruption and bribery control at all levels in Russia.
A Russian president has to be tough too garner the respect of his people. That is why Putin was so popular and still is…
The only problem that can come of this is if Medvedev fails to follow through, if the problems are not solved. For then he looks weak…
Windows to Russia!
- The FSB Has More Power Now and Other Thoughts… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia and Iran plus the S-300 Air Defense Systems… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia May Be Wondering Who Really is in Charge in America… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia Says, Having the Potential For Nuclear Weapons is not Prohibited by the NNPT Treaty… (windowstorussia.com)
- Yes, Russia’s Backing of Iran Sanctions Starting to Collapse… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia: Medvedev Lets a Protestor Speak out! (windowstorussia.com)