I love videos and information like this…
“Bunker 42” museum in Moscow. is a place that Sveta and I have to go see. It brings back memories of the old days. OK, so maybe not memories that we want to live again, but memories that molded a future of the world…
It seems that RT has an abundance of bomb shelter stories. One in particular that I had posted (Link), took off like an explosion… (No pun intended)
I have long studied the Moscow Metro and seen the bomb blast doors on all the stations. Now that is one huge bomb shelter.
The biggest shelter in the world is the Moscow Metro system,” said Victor Baranov. “Each station is constructed as a bunker and it can save lives of people who are inside in the time of a nuclear strike.” (Link)
If you watch the video you will see another huge bomb shelter. This shelter is a museum and it really looks exciting. Believe me, you will know if we get to go see it…
Windows to Russia!
- Coffee and That Cold War Past… (windowstorussia.com)
- Nuclear bunkers: relics of the past that feel real (rt.com)
- Down Then Back Up – Windows to Russia – Down Then Back Up… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Our Volga… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee, IBM, Gazprom, Shipping and Traffic… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Teaching in Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- I Love The Weather in Moscow, Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- English Music on the Moscow Train… (windowstorussia.com)
- Medvedev Firing Some More… (windowstorussia.com)