Libya is preparing full-scale military action to crush its rebellion and will not surrender even if Western powers intervene in the conflict, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s most prominent son said on Thursday.
“It’s time for liberation. It’s time for action. We are moving now,” Saif al-Islam Gaddafi told Reuters in an interview.
Asked if the government was preparing to step up its military campaign, he said: “Time is out now. It’s time for action … We gave them two weeks (for negotiations).”
Speaking in unusually tough language, the London-educated younger Gaddafi said Libya would defeat the rebels, even if Western powers intervened.
“We will never ever give up. We will never ever surrender. This is our country. We fight here in Libya,” said Saif al-Islam, who has been described as the Western-friendly face of Libya.
“The Libyan people, we will never ever welcome NATO, we will never ever welcome Americans here. Libya is not a piece of cake.”
“WE WILL FIGHT TO THE END”
Now a Major offensive underway by Gaddafi:
“We’ve been wondering for the last few days about why Gaddafi has not employed his full forces, and today we’ve seen those forces in action,” reported Al Jazeera’s Tony Birtley, who is in Ras Lanuf…
“We were caught right in the middle as his forces out-flanked, and then out-bombed and out-shot the opposition forces. There was sustained aerial and artillery and mortar bombardment, and then following in by a flanking movement…
“There have been a number of casualties. We’ve seen trucks going along the highway, but that’s being shelled by Gaddafi forces all the way along. I counted … 50 shells falling…
Looks like Qaddafi has unleashed hell, finally. I had said that nothing much up too now was going on and that Qaddafi was giving them around two weeks before the fire from hell rained down… (Check this Link for the first article that I did and there are a whole bunch more from where that came from…) (Google Search Link)
So all the lying that the Western world has been doing will now come to fruit. They backed the opposition. They gave hope where hope should never have been. They interfered where no Westerner should tread…
Update 03/11/2011: Thursday was a bloody day in Libya. It seems that the opposition has scattered with the breezes. Still there but drifting. Many more would have died except they were smart and ran. Qaddafi is said to be going to take the East Libya back from the opposition. It is time for the interference in Libya business to end. Like Muammar Gaddafi’s powerful son Saif al-Islam tells TIME:
If Saif’s prediction proves right, the West’s decision to back the rebels could leave it shut out of Libya, with Gaddafi still installed in Tripoli. Yet Saif believes the West will once again court Libya if his father survives in power, even after blunt declarations from U.S. President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister David Cameron, and other leaders that Gaddafi should go. After all, Gaddafi has endured years of being a pariah, isolated from the West under heavy sanctions. “One month ago [Western countries] were sooo nice, so nice like pussycats,” Saif says in a contemptuous sing-song tone. “Now they want to be really aggressive like tigers. [But] soon they will come back, and cut oil deals, contracts. We know this game.”Read more >>>
The West is stupid…
Windows to Russia!
- Gaddafi troops pound Libya rebels out of Ras Lanuf (guardian.co.uk)
- Rebels forced from Libya oil port (bbc.co.uk)
- RAS Lanuf, a strategic city, is being subjected to Gaddafi air raids (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Gaddafi’s troops advance against rebels (theworld.org)
- Libya’s war: Rebels flee Gaddafi’s force as NATO vetoes no-fly zone (dailymail.co.uk)
- Rebel push stalls outside Ras Lanuf – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- Libya: Boom Boom Boom Beat Them Drums… (windowstorussia.com)
- Gaddafi Has Not Rolled Over and Played Dead When the West Demanded… (windowstorussia.com)
- The Western media lies about Libyan riots just like it did about the Georgian war in 2008… (windowstorussia.com)
- Gaddafi addresses supporters in Tripoli… (windowstorussia.com)
- And Now, The Gaddafi Genocide… (windowstorussia.com)
- Invade Libya: Could We Be That Stupid? (Yes We Are!) (windowstorussia.com)
- Russian Says No Proof of Air Strikes in Libya… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia Says Slow Down On Libya Issues… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and I Wasn’t Going to Say Anything, But… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and a Rebel or a Terrorist… (windowstorussia.com)