It is fun to watch the Western world get their faces all twisted up in a tissy when Russia does things that are considered bad and evil by Western standards. Even when it is the West that helps do these evil things…
What am I talking about?
The proposed sale of the French navy’s 23,700-ton Mistral-class amphibious assault ship to Russia by a NATO country, France!
The Russian navy’s commander, Vladimir S. Vysotsky, said recently that Mistral ships would be a welcome addition to his aging fleet and that had they been available in 2008, the Russians would have defeated Georgia “within 40 minutes.”
Vladimir Putin, added to the jitters, telling reporters during a visit to Paris in November: “I can assure you that if we purchase this armament, we will use it wherever deemed necessary.” This was on Russian national TV!
Putin is playing on the several little known facts:
Windows to Russia!
- The French Mistral-class Assult Ship Won The Russian Tender… (windowstorussia.com)
- What is Russia Up To… (01/19/2011) (windowstorussia.com)
- Important News From Russia (12/24/2010) (windowstorussia.com)
- News From Russia… (12/07/2010) (windowstorussia.com)
- Is Russia One of the last Islands of Freedom in the World? (windowstorussia.com)
- Do You Wonder Why Russia is Buying Gold? (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Russian Investment is Good… (windowstorussia.com)
- Putin Quote – Number 3 (windowstorussia.com)
- Putin and Medvedev and Coffee and by the way – Sobyanin… (windowstorussia.com)