I was drinking my morning cup of coffee and doing some thinking today.
I was thinking that I am seeing a problem that is starting to become a show of weakness for Medvedev.
The general consensus that seems to prevail in Russia, is to ship these missile systems that have been contracted since around 2005. They are revenue for Russia. They are contracted pre any other deals. Russia has a reputation to up hold in the arms market…
So I see the facts pointing to all systems are go except one spot. That is the President of Russia. For some reason he has become the sticky point in this equation and many are trying to figure out why. What does Medvedev have to gain by turning his back on Iran? That is a question that I hear circulating…
It all hinges now on Medvedev and from what I am seeing after the ploy was used that the new sanctions forbid the shipment of said missiles. That became mute and is now considered not correct. So everyone has simply been told that the decision is Medvedevs to make and that his decision will be final.
What are you afraid or worried about Medvedev?
Do what is correct for Russia and do it. By not doing anything Medvedev is showing indecisiveness and Russians tune in to that…
Windows to Russia!
- Report: Russia Suspends S-300 Deal With Iran (israelnationalnews.com)
- US official cites setbacks for Iran’s nuke program (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- You: Bushehr nuclear plant construction unaffected by Iran sanctions: Russia Foreign ministry (nation.com.pk)
- Russia Says, Having the Potential For Nuclear Weapons is not Prohibited by the NNPT Treaty… (windowstorussia.com)
- Could Putin Have a “Told You So” For Medvedev? (windowstorussia.com)