That cup of coffee this morning was wonderful and it got me thinking about what I did to the Volga car this weekend. While in the village, I decided to do a little adjusting on our Volga and make her run better…
I had to remove one of our fuel systems to get around technical difficulties. The propane had to come off for an overhaul. Then it got hotter than the ace of spades and I never was able to finish the job…
Well this weekend I got the job done. We drove to the village on petrol and came home on gas. (petrol is gasoline and gas is propane) The difference in cost is amazing. Petrol 80 octane is 18.5 roubles right now and gas is 11.5 roubles. The difference is not as striking as many would see because we burn the cheapest petrol. Most have to spend 22+ roubles for 92 or above octane… (Our Volga burns anything… 🙂 )
But the cost of propane (gas) has not gone up in the last year and it is a wonderfully stable and clean fuel…
The only issue that I ran into was I am going to have to pick up another solenoid valve for diverting the petrol flow when I use gas. I forgot to get that part and of course it is the part that is needing replaced. It works and you just have to smack it with a screwdriver handle once in a while and tell it who is boss. 🙂
Sveta was so happy that we were purring along on propane that she is ready to go on a whole bunch more excursions all over Russia…
So am I!
Windows to Russia!
- Russia: Model 24 Volga! (windowstorussia.com)
- Cup of Coffee Today Was Delicious and Other Thoughts… (windowstorussia.com)
- South Ossetia Gives From the Heart to Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- Never Ask A Russian is Everything OK… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russia: New GAZ Volga Siber! (windowstorussia.com)
- Drinking Coffee in Russia and Thinking… (windowstorussia.com)