While some agreement on conditions have been decided in the first three talks a fourth round of talks is being moved up to July instead of September.
This has been a long drawn out process because of trying to lay the ground work for future adoptions. Very few people have little knowledge that there was no controls for any child adopted by America. Russia has requested for years to have these controls enacted but America refused to listen until the escapade of an adopted boy who was sent back to Russia as defective merchandise. This promted Russia to freeze all adoptions by Americans and that freeze is still in effect until the new rules get installed by both parties…
A big issue right now is that America has no system in place to control what happens to the child between the state and federal level. So no one checks up properly after the adoption…
Russian Child Ombudsman Pavel Astakhov has said, “…Such a complicated and delicate issue as adopting children and taking them abroad can’t be done without a proper legal base which a bilateral agreement should presuppose.”
I have followed this process from the beginning and have now come to the conclusion that Russia was correct and America has balked at regulations on adoption agencies with Russia. At first I thought why would they do that?
I now understand after a lot of studying that there was huge money involved in the transactions of American‘s adopting children from Russia. All Americans hear about is the corruption in Russia. But I am here to tell you that every bribe and corrupt deal in Russia paid there was an equal and opposite transaction in America…
I call that a form of child trafficking. Both countries were into it very deep and Russia realized that it had to stop…
My question is why did America refuse to communicate about this before when asked by Russia?
Why did it take a national scandal by an American woman shipping her adopted Russian child back home to Russia, as a “psychopathic” piece of luggage?
Guess what? That woman will never get in trouble and that is a sad thing…
Windows to Russia!
- Russia, US officials near adoption accord (sfgate.com)
- Russia Wants More Oversight of Its Adopted Kids (abcnews.go.com)
- You: U.S., Russia make ‘steady progress’ on deal that would safeguard adoptions (washingtonpost.com)
- Yet another adopted Russian child killed in USA (rt.com)
- Adopted Russian Boy Returned on One-Way Flight, Adoption Freeze? (nowpublic.com)
- Russian orphan Artyom, & another orphan story (trueslant.com)
- Russian Official Demands U.S. Adoption Oversight (online.wsj.com)
- CNN On Artyem Saveliev!
- Mother Woman in Adoption Scandal wanted To Adopt A Georgian Child Next!
- One Little Boy Brings America to Her Knees! (Artyem)
- Artyem (Artem) Justin Hansen: Someone Did Not Want Him?
- American Parents Just Shipped Adopted Child Back To Russia Alone, With Note!